The Electric Light Newspaper and printing

ELECTRIC LIGHT PRINTING CO


This wonderful post and beam building was donated by the Kidder family.  It was moved to the Historic Site in 1999 and was enclosed during 2000.  It appears to have originally been a summer kitchen that was adapted to be a garage.  The restoration consists of a new front end with the double doors, and a lot of repair and replacement of siding along with a new coat of paint.

The Electric Light was a newspaper / printing company that was founded in Franklin Grove during the early to mid 1880's by a gentleman named Webb.  It was operating in direct competition with the Franklin Reporter which is probably why it apparently didn't last too long.  As of this date, we don't have information about the demise of  the business, nor any examples of the paper.  Current plans for the future of this building are to  house a period printing operation.